Duncan will be speaking on the corporate mullet - business in the front and party in the back. Business is social, Duncan's presentation will cover the importance of socializing your business online, as well as the importance of business protocol in some social media situations. He'll have examples as well.
DUNCAN ALNEY, PRESIDENT & CHIEF SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIST
As President & Chief Social Media Strategist of Firebelly Marketing, Duncan Alney is focused on configuring Internet marketing strategies to support overall branding objectives. He leads the Firebelly "social media consulting team" to help clients build emotional relationships and build value for both brands and their constituents. Duncan has worked in the brand communications field for 17 years and has experience working in and collaborating with a variety of organizations and industries. He holds degrees from Hanover College, USA and St. Xaviers College, Calcutta, India. When hes not running Firebelly, Duncan is an avid traveler, chaser of food experiences, photographer and film maker. His two short films have both taken top honors at the IMAX Really Big Short Film Festival and been screened at the Indianapolis International Film Festival. He's completed 5 marathons and several triathalons.
Clients include: Indy Jazz Fest, United Way, Indianapolis International Film Festival, American Cancer Society
UPCOMING SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Speaking at BlogIndiana 2009
- Scheduled to speak on social media at Giant Screen Cinema Association conference at their annual conference in September.
- BMA Indianapolis September 17 1009
- IMSDC - October 7th - 10 ways to get maximum bang out of your limited social media budget
RECENT SPEAKING, MEDIA HIGHLIGHTS
- Speaking at the Social Media Club, Philadelphia, July 28
- Speaker at Indiana Dept of Tourism Social Media bootcamp in July
- Lead presenter at Indiana "Cultural" Tourism Conference on "5 ways to get the maximum bang out of your social media buck"
- Presenter at Indiana State Tourism Department "5 ways to get the maximum bang out of your social media buck"
- The online corporate mullet - Real Page User Conference in Dallas Texas
- PRSA Social Media Bootcamp and at the Marion County Commision for Youth seminar for Indianapolis Non Profits - on social media.
- IndyHub Presidents Circle on using social media for non profits
- College speaking tour on the subject of personal branding and online reputation management - Hanover College, Indiana University Purdue
- University, Indianapolis; and more this fall (lead presenter)
- University of Phoenix, Indianapolis Location on May 28 on social media marketing (lead presenter
Duncan has interviewed Guy Kawasaki, John Gerzema (CIO of Young & Rubicam), Beth Harte, Sally Falkow, Lee Odden, the Mayor of Indianapolis, David Lowery of Camper Van Beethoven & Cracker, the Dallas Cheer leaders and more.
- Hospitality Technology Magazine on innovative social media programs for restaurants
- Indianapolis Star - Feature story on our internet marketing and social media approach.
- Featured in INDY.COM, Indianapolis Star, CBS WISH-TV Channel 8, Hospitality Technology Magazine and more